For over 50 years The GeoFocus Group and its Construction Change Order and Change Directive Management and Consulting experts have utilized their niche experience and knowledge base to assist Owners, Developers, General Contractors and Construction Managers to navigate the Change Order and Change Directive process on projects that have trended over budget, behind schedule and/or have been impacted for a variety other construction/development related reasons.
If not familiar with the terms of your contract (i.e. CCDC 2 – PART 6 CHANGES IN THE WORK) and the various provisions that dictate:
- the Owner’s Right to Make Changes,
- Change Orders,
- Change Directives,
- Concealed or Unknown Conditions,
- Delays, and
- Claims for a Change in Contract Price;
then the process can be complex, tedious and may prohibit your ability to maximize CO/CD opportunities and/or protect yourself from CO/CD liabilities.
How can The GeoFocus Group Assist? If you require assistance with Change Orders, Change Directives, Concealed or Unknown Conditions, Delays or Claims for a Change in Contract Price, our experts can assist in a variety of capacities including but not limited to:
- Having a qualified Contracts Administrator perform a detailed review of the Construction Contract.
- Having a qualified Project Manager perform a detailed review, assess, analyze, prepare and/or comment on the proposed Change Order.
- Having a qualified Project Manager perform a detailed review, assess, analyze, prepare and/or comment on the proposed Change Directive.
- Having a qualified Site Superintendent perform a detailed review, assess, analyze, prepare and/or comment on conditions which may have been concealed or unknown.
- Having a qualified Delay Analyst comment on the impact to the project schedule.
- Having a qualified Construction Manager asses and/or comment on the Claim for a Change in Contract Price.
Change Orders and a stakeholders ability to review, assess, analyze, process, validate and/or defend are a critical part of the construction process. Whether you are an Owner, Developer, General Contractor, Subcontractor, Vendor or Supplier, The GeoFocus Group can analyze requested and/or proposed change orders throughout the course of construction or post construction in an effort to ensure an equitable outcome for all concerned.